Salami Bread � Fourteen Inches of Delicious Pizza-Related Serendipity

What started out as a frustrating attempt to test some pizza dough, turned into what we�re calling salami bread. This 14-inch long loaf of delicious serendipity was a revelation, and I didn�t even get to use it for it�s most obvious purpose�to make the world�s greatest Italian submarine sandwich.

As I mention in the video, I�m not even sure I�d do a meat sub with this, but instead may just load it up with lots of Italian cheeses, as well as fresh and pickled vegetables. Then I�d find a picnic, where I could sit back to soak in the sun, and the compliments.

There are hundreds of possible variations, so that�s going to be your homework. Why wait until the unlikely scenario of having pizza dough, but no toppings? Let�s be proactive. But no matter how you roll, and I really do hope you give this a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for one salami bread:
12 to 16 ounce ball of pre-made pizza dough
8-10 slices salami or other similar meat
1/4 cup tomato sauce, or other crushed tomato product
freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano to cover
scattering of freshly chopped herbs, to taste
olive oil, as needed

- Bake at 400 F. for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and cooked through.